AWeber is an easy-to-use email marketing and marketing automation platform that’s designed to help small businesses and entrepreneurs send targeted and effective emails. Its drag-and-drop editor allows users to create newsletters and automated campaigns based on hundreds of HTML templates. In addition, AWeber lets business marketers integrate their email marketing accounts with various business apps, which allows information sharing among different departments.
One of its most popular capabilities is its Campaigns feature. It allows users to send auto-responders based on day and time, contact behavior and tags that have been assigned to database contacts. Through the tracking feature, users can keep tabs on where contacts are in the lifecycle of a campaign, as well as which emails and campaigns got the most activity or led to the most unsubscribes.
AWeber offers a simple pricing plan based on the number of contacts in a user’s account. All options offer the same features, including unlimited emails, segmenting, integrations, more than 6,000 stock photos, automation, analytics, image hosting, sign-up forms and more than 700 templates.
AWeber’s key features include:
- Marketing Automation – Users can automate the email marketing process by using “if this, then that” logic. For example, if a subscriber clicks a link, then AWeber can be set to automatically apply a tag to that subscriber. Tags can then be used to decide which emails are sent to whom, and when they’re sent.
- Responsive Email Design – AWeber’s emails will automatically resize based on the device the subscriber is using to view the message, whether it’s a desktop, smartphone or tablet.
- Data Segmentation – AWeber users can segment data based on the contents of any field in their database and user activity like emails opened, links clicked and web pages visited. This segmentation information can then be applied to further target and hone marketing strategy.
- A/B Testing – AWeber allows users to compare variations in specific elements of their emails to see which performs better. For example, a user can A/B test two different headlines to see which one generates the higher open rate.
- HTML Email Templates – AWeber offers more than 700 email newsletter templates that are mobile responsive.
- Reporting and Analytics – Users can monitor key metrics of a marketing campaign’s performance, such as open rates, bounces, clickthroughs, list growth over time, sign up methods and a subscriber’s activity history. These insights can help marketers continuously improve their strategy by implementing tactics that work and changing tactics that don’t.
AWeber serves all types of companies with its autoresponder software. We’ve listed ten of its customers:
- Prosperity with Purpose LLC
- Pillar Social Media, LLC
- The Prairie Homestead
- Cole Mize Studios
- Flipped Lifestyle
- Vault Brewing Company
- Click It Up a Notch
- Running Shoes Guru
As a cloud-based service, AWeber is simple to set up and use. The platform offers a helpful Launchpad with robust documentation for new users to get started using the platform.
AWeber integrates with hundreds of websites and services, including:
- CRM platforms like Agile CRM, Contactually, HubSpot CRM and Pipedrive
- E-commerce solutions like WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce and Selz
- Social media platforms and programs like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms
- Landing page software like PageWiz, Instapage and Unbounce
- Video and webinar services like Wistia, SproutVideo, GoToMeeting and Zoom
Customer Service & Support
AWeber has award-winning customer service: the company was awarded the 2017 Bronze Stevie Award for Sales and Customer Service, the 2016 Stevie Award for Sales and Customer Service and the 2015 National Customer Service Association (NCSA) Service Team of the Year Runner-up.
Customer service is available during business hours via phone, live chat and email. On weekends, only live chat and email support is available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
AWeber also offers a comprehensive Knowledge Base, free live webinars, video tutorials and an operational status page showing uptime, scheduled maintenance and any related reported issues. New email marketing users can download a toolkit that contains strategy templates and worksheets for running optimal campaigns.
AWeber’s pricing plan based on the number of contacts in a user’s account. Pricing is as follows:
- 0 – 500 contacts: $19/month
- 501 – 2,500 contacts: $29/month
- 2,501 – 5,000 contacts: $49/month
- 5,001 – 10,000 contacts: $69/month
- 10,001 – 25,000 contacts: $149/month
- More than 25,000 contacts: Contact AWeber for a quote
First, let’s look at some of the advantages of using AWeber. There are quite a number of them, which is hardly surprising. After all, AWeber is one of the most popular email marketing software, especially among bloggers and Internet marketers.
Simple to create and deliver
In general, email marketing tools are great because they provide an alternate and simplified marketing process. They kind of revolutionized the marketing industry by providing a faster yet more affordable way of communicating with customers (existing and potential).
I mean compare traditional marketing like TV and print ads to email marketing and you will realize that email marketing offers a faster and more flexible marketing tool. The only thing is that you (and your team) would need to run the campaign yourself. Hence having an easy-to-use tool is crucial. AWeber understands this and has developed a control panel that makes navigation simple.
This is very true in AWeber’s case, where they have over 150 customizable professional templates, where you get to decide if you prefer a single or multiple-column design or whether blue color scheme is more appropriate than red.
If you prefer to create an email template of your own, by all means, go ahead. AWeber even provides you a drag and drop interface to help you do so!
Easy to manage
Features like subscribers management & tracking and segmentation are some of the benefits that you can expect from AWeber.
You would want to view the analysis results of your email campaign in order to plan your subsequent steps as well as enhance your future campaigns. Information like which links were clicked and how much revenue was generated are pretty important in influencing business decisions.
AWeber provides these analyses through easy to understand charts. You will be able to see what worked and what didn’t, visually!
Maximum delivery results
One of the biggest concerns of email marketers is un-deliverability. In layman terms, your emails failed to deliver! You want as many of the emails to be delivered to your recipients rather than sitting in their spam folders, right?
This is where AWeber comes in handy. Compared to many other email marketing tools (especially free ones), AWeber’s deliverability is pretty amazing. While it generally depends on a few things like the nature of your products and how you word your email subject and content, some entrepreneurs reported up to 98% success rate, which is fantastic.
You see, AWeber proactively analyze the email campaigns for potential spam issues and thus, you are able to edit them BEFORE it becomes spam. Aweber’s servers also have very high credibility and thus helps in getting your emails through spam filters easily.
Being in the business for over thirteen years, AWeber has fine-tuned its customer support. Besides providing 365 day live support, there are also other ways you can learn more about AWeber’s email marketing tool. You can find answers through AWeber’s knowledge base, online seminars and video tutorials.